Thursday, December 22

Tea, Wreath, Pinecone, 20 minutes and Santa


This wreath had definitely seen better days. . .


Little smooshed with a little red bow... outdated.


So I searched my house for something to spruce it up.
Like some vintage ribbon lying about.


Found a doily from my gram in Iowa.


Took off the bashed pinecones, added some pinecones from my fallen Christmas tree, 
(see here)


flipped it around and glued it back in.


Found a Santa in my ornament box. 
(You know how the neighbors always give you little gifts...and you don't know what to do WITH THEM? This was one of them.) 


I found some crocheted snowflakes that we were given last year. 
Which I really liked....


but they were a little too white. 
I really wanted an antiqued color.


So I put the snowflakes in some Celestial Ginger Snap Tea.
(You know it had a orange clearance sticker from Smith's)
Gave them a nice color along with a super delish smell!


Up - cycled some old cranberry strands.

20 minutes later.
I had quite a lovely new wreath.

What do you think?


I really love the Santa Claus Ornament, oh and the snowflakes...really, I just love it. 


(You know this chair is thrifted)

Christmas is almost here...
are you ready?

I have so many projects that I want to post...but see,  they are people's Christmas gifts...can't ruin my surprise!













No comments: