Monday, January 23

Amy Butler's Snow Mum, but not in a pillow form.


Maybe, next time, I should use some real nice felt....nahhh.

Remember my lamp that I thrifted here?
Well, I found a lampshade, thrifted of course, but then, I just didn't know what to do with it. (my second lampshade actually, the first was just WAY too small, but it's agood thing I only paid $3.00)
It's actually sat there for a couple months to be honest. 
And if I know me, which I kind of do, I needed a quick and easy change.
I have this idea that I really want to do with a lampshade, but that will be stored away for future use and would have taken a couple too many hours.

So, back to the lampshade at hand.
Being a crafter procrastinator, I have many projects not quite complete.
Back in October, I had knee surgery, which I knew my backside would see a lot of seat, so I set up some small project for myself.
One being these Amy Butler Snow Mum Pillow Pattern.
And I made 4 .77 mums.  Once again, almost finished.
I've known for a while that they have so many uses, just haven't done it...
Like a pillow, a headband, blanket, they basically can be applied to anything.
Then I realized, well yes, I do have four, but only 1 lampshade.
Too many options and I know I'll want to change the lampshade again in the future...so what do I do?
Grab some orange thread, a African Glass Bead in blue, lampshade.
Through the eye of the needle we go, into the lampshade, out and int again, tie a knot.

And touchdown!

Now I can change out the color of the mum when I want with minimal impact on the lampshade and my life!

YESSSSSSSS.
Harmony Marie crafter procrastinator - 1
Projects to be complete - Bizillions

Peace out.

Amy Butler's Snow Mum Pillow pattern here.


No comments: